YOU READ IT HERE FIRST: The Valley Hospital has received a top 5-star rating in gynecologic surgery from the nation’s most trusted, independent source of physician information and hospital quality outcomes. Meaning: Patients who undergo gynecologic surgery there have 35-percent fewer complications.
“We are very pleased to receive this recognition” HealthGrades, said Audrey Meyers, the hospital’s president and chief executive officer. “It’s a wonderful reflection of the standard of care we provide to all our patients and a testament to the priority Valley staff and physicians place on achieving the highest-quality clinical outcomes, while delivering the most compassionate care.”
HealthGrades earlier this year also ranked Valley among the top five percent in the nation for women’s health for the 5th consecutive year.
“Women today have a wide array options when it comes to reproductive health and choosing a health-care provider who aligns with their personal preferences,” said Divya Cantor, MD, MBA and HealthGrades senior physician consultant. “Female patients can optimize their chances for receiving the highest possible quality of care by researching and comparing the clinical outcomes of hospitals and doctors in their area.”
Key findings of the HealthGrades 2011 Obstetrics & Gynecology in American Hospitals report include:
- In the 19 states studied, 9 percent of women undergoing gynecologic surgery experienced an in-hospital complication. If all hospitals performed at the level of the best hospitals, 35 percent of these complications (30,675) could have been potentially prevented.
- While hysterectomies are the most common gynecological procedure conducted in hospitals — comprising 79 percent of all the inpatient gynecologic surgeries — the number has decreased substantially. Since 2002, the number has declined 31 percent.
Earlier this year, Valley received HealthGrades’ 2011 Clinical Excellence Awards for Overall Cardiac Care, Coronary Intervention, Cardiac Surgery, Gastrointestinal Surgery, Maternity Care and Women’s Health.
HealthGrades has also ranked Valley among the top 5 percent of hospitals in the nation for Overall Cardiac Care, and among the top 5 hospitals in New Jersey for Overall Cardiac Care, Cardiac Surgery, Coronary Intervention Procedures, Cardiology Services, and Joint Replacement Surgery.
Valley Health System is the recipient of:
• Best Places to Work in NJ designation from NJBIZ;
• J.D. Power & Associates Distinguished Hospital Program Awards for Outstanding Inpatient and Emergency Department Care;
• Magnet Designation for Nursing Excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center since 2003;
• 10 Joint Commission Gold Seals for cardiac, cancer, joint replacement, and stroke care.
• HealthGrades Excellence Awards for cardiac care, cardiac surgery, coronary intervention, and maternity care
For more information, go to : www.valleyhealth.com/awards
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.