YOU SAW IT HERE FIRST: Fumes from chemicals used during the renovation of a Mahwah strip mall storefront this afternoon overcame six people in a nail salon next door.
All PHOTOS by Boyd A. Loving for CLIFFVIEW PILOT
Two of them, both employees of Fantastic Sam’s, were transported by ambulances to The Valley Hospital in Ridgewood.
The four others declined medical attention.
Workers in the vacant space next to the salon in the A&P shopping center apparently were using gas-powered saws to cut through a floor without the proper ventilation when the fumes passed through a common duct system.
Responding to the scene were Mahwah police, firefighters and EMS and Ramsey EMS and Rescue.
Click here to sign up for Daily Voice's free daily emails and news alerts.