Contact Us
Mahwah-Ramsey Daily Voice serves Mahwah & Ramsey

Menu

Mahwah-Ramsey Daily Voice serves Mahwah & Ramsey

Nearby Towns

lifestyle

Mahwah Church Participates In Operation Rice Bowl

Children all over the world will benefit from Operation Rice Bowl in Mahwah.
Children all over the world will benefit from Operation Rice Bowl in Mahwah. Photo Credit: Facebook

MAHWAH, N.J. -- The Church of the Immaculate Heart of Mary in Mahwah is taking part in Operation Rice Bowl, the Lenten program of Catholic Relief Services, the official overseas relief and development agency of the Catholic community in the United States.

Almost 75 percent of donations to Operation Rice Bowl came to Catholic Relief Services to pay for development projects overseas and Lenten education efforts at home. The remaining 25 percent remains in dioceses in the United States to support local hunger and poverty alleviation efforts.

The parish is encouraging all residents to make small sacrifices on behalf of the poor (such as making simple meals or skipping desert) and deposit the money saved in a donation box.

Donation boxes can be found in the church vestibule and have been distributed to students through its religious education program.

For information about Operation Rice Bowl, visit www.crsricebowl.org .

Welcome to

Mahwah-Ramsey Daily Voice!

Serves Mahwah & Ramsey

This is a one time message inviting you to keep in touch

Get important news about your town as it happens.