RAMSEY, N.J. — The Ramsey Farmers' Market is celebrating its 7th Annual Peach Festival in coordination with the New Jersey Peach Promotional Council on Sunday.
Amateur chefs can compete in the market's Fourth Annual Perfect Peach Pie/Cobbler contest. There will also be complimentary giveaways, music, a chef demo and a children's craft.
Market Coordinator Nancy Boone suggests baking the fruit by following her favorite recipe below:
- 4 firm, ripe peaches
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tbsps flour
- 2 tbsps butter
- 1/4 cup water
- Wash peaches, cut in half and pit.
- Place cut side up in baking dish.
- Combine brown sugar and flour.
- Spoon mixture into peach hollows.
- Dot with butter.
- Pour water into bottom of baking dish.
- Bake 350 degrees for one hour.
- Serve hot.