RAMSEY, N.J. -- The 8th Annual Taste of Ramsey takes place on Sunday at the Ramsey Main Street Train Station parking lot.
Participants can try samples from a large selection of menu tastings from caterers and area restaurants.
There will be food, dessert, beer and wine tastings, as well as raffles. Proceeds benefit various charities.
There will also be a quiche baking contest. Each quiche will be judged on appearance, taste and creativity. Prizes will be awarded. To enter, email Lorraine Castellano, Lorraine@leapandgrow.com.
The event will be held under a 6,400 square foot tent from 1-4 p.m.
A list of participating eateries and menus so far includes,
- Ronnie G's Coal Oven Pizzeria (Slice of Pizza, Meatball, Zeppoles)
- Shannon Rose (Vegetarian Joe Sliders, Short Rib Sliders)
- Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza (Homemade meatballs, Oven Roasted Chicken Wings, Eggplant Marino, Pork Ribs with Vinegar Peppers)
- Badlands Tacos ( Mini Tacos-Choice of Beef, Chicken, Chorizo and Fish)
- Biggie's (Seafood Salad)
- Brady's at the Station (Choo Choo Burgers, Buffalo Wings, Irish Whiskey BBQ Ribs)
- Chez Dominique (Chili con Carne, Braised Beef in Red Wine with Couscous, Creme Caramel, Chocolate Custard, Fruit Sorbet)
- Planet Swirl (Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel, Dutch Chocolate, Alpine Vanilla, Strawberry Shortcake)
- ShopRite Live Right (Spiralized Cucumber Salad w/Strawberry Vinaigrette, Beet and Walnut Pesto Pasta, Mango Coconut Popsicles)
- Giovanna's Cafe & Gourmet Take Out (Sausage and Peppers, Eggplant Rollatini, Nonna Maria's Peppers, Garden Frittata, Mini Cannoli)
- H'Art of Cookery (Tropical Chicken Salad, Apricot Honey Glazed Chicken, Ricotta Salata Quiche with Wilted spinach, Artichoke Hearts and Sun dried Tomato, Mascarpone Cranberry Pistachio Orange Grapes)